1. |
||||
Welcome to the cure for boredom
歡迎來到治癒無聊的地方
You'll never be alone again
你將再也不會孤單
There’s a million different ways to keep you entertained
有百萬種不同的方式娛樂著你
So who needs real friends?
所以,誰還需要真實的朋友?
With every little hit of dopamine
每個點擊都引發腦中的快樂多巴胺
You'll feel like a millionaire
你感覺自己像個百萬富豪
It’s a magic remedy for all your maladies
這個神奇的療法可治癒你所有的疾病
A formula to end your despair.
終結你絕望的方程式
We're all bedlam bound, foaming at the mouth
我們都是口吐白沫快住進瘋人院的瘋子
Sick on entertainment
對娛樂痴狂
We're here hungry for love
我們在這裡渴求著愛
Desperately seeking validation from strangers.
拼命的尋求陌生人的認可
Welcome to the end of loneliness!
歡迎來到終結孤單的處所
We're here to put you back in control
我們在這裡讓你得到控制
It's a special recipe for all your maladies
這是針對你疾病的特別處方
A medicine that's good for the soul.
這帖藥方對靈魂有益
Who needs physical contact
When we're living in a digital world?
當我們在數位世界,誰還需要實體的接觸?
The end to your dismay is just a click away
只要點一下,就可以終結絕望
You could be the perfect girl!
你可以是個絕世美女
We're all bedlam bound, the fear of missing out
擔心錯過有趣的事,讓我們快要起肖
Is ever so contagious
這感染到每個人
We're here, hungry for love
我們在這裡渴求著愛
Desperately seeking validation from strangers.
拼命的尋求陌生人的認可
|
||||
2. |
The Kind Eagle
03:52
|
|||
I am the kind eagle, and you are my prey.
我是隻仁慈的老鷹,而你是我的獵物
I'll tear you to ribbons, in the loveliest way.
我會用最令你愉悅的方式,將你撕碎
My eyes are like diamonds, looking into your soul.
我以我鑽石般的眼,直視進你的靈魂
I'll hold you so gently, then devour you whole.
我會輕柔的握住你,再吞食你全部
I'll watch you so closely, as I circle above.
我會如同在上空盤旋般仔細地觀察你,
I’ll feed on your fear, as I give you my love.
我會以你的恐懼為食,以我的愛回報
A benevolent tyrant.
一位仁慈但專制的君主
A tyrannical slave.
一個殘暴的奴隸
I will love you forever, right into the grave.
在你踏入墳墓之後,我會愛你直到永遠
Cause I am the kind eagle, and this is my song.
因爲我是一隻仁慈的老鷹,而這是我的歌
I do nothing right, but I'll do you no wrong.
我沒做對事,但我也不會對你做錯
I am the kind Eagle, and you are my mate.
我是隻仁慈的老鷹,而你是我的配偶
A symbol of freedom.
自由的象徵
An emblem of hate.
仇恨的代表
A beautiful birth mark, tattooed on your skin.
一個刺在你皮膚上的美麗胎記
A paragon of virtue.
善的典範
An original sin.
惡的原型
My talons are razors, digging into your arm.
我銳利的爪子,戳進你的手臂
As long as you’re with me, you’ll come to no harm.
只要你在我的身邊,你就不會受傷
I’m the lump in your throat.
我是你喉嚨內的腫塊
And the swell in your chest.
胸部的隆起物
I’ll be your protector, as I get you undressed.
我會脫掉你的衣物,但我會保護你
I am the kind eagle, and these are my claws.
我是隻仁慈的老鷹,這些是我的利爪
Can you still love me, with all of my flaws?
即便我有那麼多的缺陷,你還能繼續愛我嗎?
|
||||
3. |
Inner Voices
02:57
|
|||
I was born a lover but I am my mother's son
我是個天生的博愛者但我也是我媽媽的兒子
And it’s hard to keep on loving when you're scared of everyone
而且當你懼怕每個人時是很難持續對人表現愛
When your head is full of worry every mouth's a loaded gun
當你腦中滿是憂慮時每個人說的話都具殺傷力
And it's hard to speak your mind when the cat has got your tongue.
當你無法暢然說出內心話時讓你無言以對
I was born a dreamer ‘cause I am my father's child.
我是個天生的夢想家因爲我是我父親的孩子
With a mind full of wonder and eyes running wild
腦中充滿好奇對看到的每樣事物都滿是驚訝
"Get yourself together boy and make your mother proud.
You'll never make it happen if your head is in the cloud."
振作起來孩子讓你的媽媽為你感到驕傲
如果你一直不切實際就永遠無法做到
So if you got those inner voices running round your head
如果在你的腦中一直浮現這些內在的聲音時
Feed the ones that serve you and put the rest to bed.
把那些對你有益的聽進去把剩下的拋到腦後
Now if you’re feeling angry and misunderstood
如果你現在覺得被誤解並感到生氣
Lose those inner voices that say you’re no damn good.
別聽進那些說你糟透的內在聲音
“You would lose your head if it wasn't screwed on.
And you've been running headless for far too long.”
如果你不保持理智你可能會瘋狂
你已經像隻無頭蒼蠅到處亂闖很久了
So if you got those inner voices giving you the boot
如果你內在的聲音觸動了你
Tune in the ones that love you, and put the rest on mute
把那些對你有愛的聲音聽進去把剩下關靜音
And if you got those inner voices filling up your chest
如果那些內在之聲充滿你的胸懷
Keep the ones that help you breathe and suffocate the rest.
把那些把你壓得喘不過氣的忘了讓自己鬆口氣
|
||||
4. |
Idle Hands
03:05
|
|||
Are you a fish out of water, trying to be something you're not?
你像是隻離水的魚,假扮成別種生物?
Are you a lopsided lobster with terrible posture, boiling in a pot?
你像一隻傾向鍋子一側以奇怪姿勢被烹煮的龍蝦嗎?
Have you ever found yourself at the bottom of a bottomless pit?
你覺得自己處在不見底的深坑裡嗎?
Are you consumed by the feeling that the life that you're leading is more miss than hit?
你覺得你耗盡生命朝向著虛無與飄渺嗎?
Idle Hands do the devil's work
魔鬼最喜愛虛度光陰的人
So put your hands where I can see them!
將你的手放在我看到的地方
Are you a prodigal daughter, nailing your hues to the mast?
妳是個被寵壞的女孩,趾高氣揚且自以爲是嗎?
Are you a lamb to the slaughter, preparing the altar with both feet in the past?
你是隻雙肢被捆綁在祭壇前待宰的羔羊嗎?
When you're losing your mind your perception of time is all wrong
你對時間及一切的認知都有錯覺
And the stories you tell lead straight down to hell where you’ll sing the devil's song.
你說的故事讓你直墜地獄,你在這唱著這首惡魔之歌
Idle Hands do the devil's work
魔鬼最喜愛虛度光陰的人
So put your hands where I can see them!
將你的手放在我看到的地方
Life is more bearable when you’re winning
人生勝利組的你,生命就較能忍受
As long as you’re laughing as long as you’re singing
只要你愉悅地歡唱著
When you’re reading you’re learning, if you’re learning you’re growing
當你閱讀時你就會開始學習,而學習讓你成長
If you’re using your body your endorphins are flowing
當你身體動起來時,你的腦內快樂激素也開始流動
Get off of your sofa and out of your bed!
從沙發上站起來離開你的床。
Lose the voices inside of your head!
聽不見你腦中的聲音。
Get out of your houses and off of your screens!
關掉你的螢幕走向戶外。
Life isn’t meant to be lived on machines!
生命不該只活在機器裡。
|
||||
5. |
This Life Is Beautiful
04:00
|
|||
Are you tired of what you’re seeing?
厭煩了你看到的事物嗎?
Do you question what you’re living for?
你疑惑你為何而活?
Do you need to get away from all this noise?
你想逃離這個吵雜的世界嗎?
Do you ache for something more?
你是否痛恨著一切?
These lands are bountiful.
這是個豐裕的大地。
We could all have enough.
我們都會被滿足。
This life is beautiful.
生命是美好的。
These hands are made for love.
這是個為愛而生的地方。
I don’t care where you come from.
我不介意你來自何方。
And I don’t care where you been.
我也不介意你去過哪。
We all need a little love and affection.
我們只需要愛與歸屬感。
Try and be a human being.
試著讓自己成為真正的人。
|
||||
6. |
Ophelia
03:55
|
|||
Ophelia, you're the one I'm thinking of
歐菲莉亞,我正在思念妳
And I've been longing to see ya
並ㄧ直渴望見到妳
‘cause I'm falling in love
因為我愛上了妳
No one's dreamier you’re the girl who stole my heart
沒人想得到妳把我的心給偷走了
And I dream of your smile all the time we're apart
當我們分開時,我ㄧ直想著妳的微笑
Maybe in a while I'll be holding you
可能在不久之後我就能擁妳入懷
But all this time apart is breaking my heart and making me blue
但我們分開的這段期間讓我傷心難過
Ophelia she’s a diamond in the rough
歐菲莉亞,她是未雕琢的鑽石
And no one is finer in Taiwan or China
在台灣或是中國都沒任何ㄧ個人比她更好
Fully clothed or standing in the buff
不論是盛妝或是素顏
Now every time I'm seeing ya you got me falling on my knees
每次當我看到妳都不禁要為妳臣服
And I just wanna squeeze ya, say you'll be my lover please
我想要懇求妳成為我的愛人
Maybe in a while we'll be holding hands
可能在不久的將來,我們能手牽著手
And you'll be loving me, sailing out to sea with all of our plans.
而妳會愛上我,懷著我們所有的計畫跟我航向大海,
Ophelia, you're the one that makes me smile
歐菲莉亞,妳是那個讓我微笑的人
And for you I would really go the extra mile
為了妳我會讓自己更努力
But now I'm feeling ya are being cold and so coy
但我現在感受到妳的冷淡和扭怩
And I just wanna kiss ya but I know that you're with another boy
我想親吻妳但我知道妳有另一個他
Does he know the way to make you happy?
他知道如何讓妳快樂嗎
Does he know the things to say to make you grin?
他知道要說什麼才能逗笑妳嗎?
Please make your choice and make it snappy
請做出對妳自己最好的選擇
You don't know the mess you've got me in.
妳不知道妳讓我陷入怎樣的麻煩
Ophelia you're the one I'm thinking of
歐菲莉亞,我正在思念著妳
And I'm dying to see ya
Cause I'm falling in love.
我極度渴望見到妳,因爲我陷入愛河
|
||||
7. |
This Vicious Cabaret
03:07
|
|||
There's a girl who will push but will not shove and she’s desperate for her father's love
有個意志堅定渴望父愛的女孩
She believes the hand beneath the glove may be one she needs to hold.
她深信戴著手套的那隻手是她ㄧ定要握住的
And though she doubts her host’s moralities
雖然她對她主人的道德標準有疑惑
She decides that she is more at ease
In the Land Of Doing What You Please than outside in the cold.
相較於外頭的寒冷,她決定要活在「隨心所欲的世界」過著舒適的生活
There's thrills and chills and girls galore, sing-songs and surprises
這是個充滿刺激,驚悚,大量色情,靡靡之音與驚奇
There's something here for everyone, (reserve your seat today)
每個人都可在這裡找到你的需求(今天馬上訂位)
There's mischief and malarkies but no queers or yids or darkies
In this bastard's carnival, this vicious cabaret.
在這個混蛋嘉年華與惡毒夜總會,有嘻鬧與嘲弄但不准同性戀,猶太人與黑鬼進入
Facing their Responsibilities either on their backs or on their knees
為了盡她們的義務受盡折磨與羞辱
There are ladies who just simply freeze and dare not turn away
女人們只有逆來順受
And the widows that refuse to cry will be dressed in garter and bow-tie
這些拒絕哭泣的寡婦,穿上吊帶絲襪結上領結
And be taught to kick their legs up high in this vicious cabaret.
被命令在這個惡毒的夜總會裡跳著康康舞
There's thrills and chills and girls galore, sing-songs and surprises
這是個充滿刺激,驚悚,大量色情,靡靡之音與驚奇
There's something here for everyone, (reserve your seat today)
每個人都可在這裡找到你的需求(今天馬上訂位)
There's mischief and malarkies but no queers or yids or darkies
In this bastard's carnival, this vicious cabaret.
在這個混蛋嘉年華與惡毒夜總會,有嘻鬧與嘲弄但不准同性戀,猶太人與黑鬼進入
|
||||
8. |
Left Leaning Man
04:43
|
|||
I’ve always been a left leaning man so if you wanna know which way it hangs
我ㄧ直是個左傾分子,如果你想問我它懸的方向。
It usually hangs a little to the left, depending on the way that I’m dressed
根據我的衣著,它總是靠左ㄧ些。
Oh but there’s something that I must get off my chest…
但有一些話在我胸中ㄧ定要說岀口...
I’ve been stuck inside an echo chamber listening to the sound of my own voice
我ㄧ直不斷在社群媒體上放話,聽著相同的言論。
Bobbing up and down, flailing around in a sea of irrelevant noise
上下四處擺盪,發出不恰當的言論
So if you are a slave to an algorithm, dancing like a puppet on a string
如果你總是聽從邏輯演算法,像傀儡人偶任人擺佈
Stay away from tribalism cause you’re poisoning everything.
請遠離部落主義,因爲你正在毒害著世界。
We swing to and fro on a pendulum of woe
我們悲哀的像鐘擺左右擺動。
Up or down, high or low, never sure which way to go
上上下下,高高低低,從不確定何去何從
We’ll never get along – left or right, right or wrong
我們總是處不來,不論是傾左或右,對或是錯。
The more you learn the less you know, it’s a Punch and Judy Show.
就像是「潘趣木偶劇」越看越搞不清
We are living in privileged times and you are a privileged girl.
我們活在一個享有特權的時代,而妳也是享有特權的女孩。
Mildly
oppressed, completely obsessed with fixing the whole damn world.
只受到輕微的壓迫,就痴狂的想要解決這整個糟透了的世界。
You should come with a trigger warning written all over your face
妳應該在妳的臉上寫滿警告標誌
You’re playing the victim, pointing the finger, at anybody in this place.
妳正在扮演受害者,將過錯推給其他人
When you’re fixing the world you don’t have to fix yourself.
當你在整頓這個世界時,就可以將自己的問題拋到腦後。
When you’re fixing the world you don’t have to fix yourself.
當你在整頓這個世界時,就可以將自己的問題拋到腦後。
|
Andrew Goode 古哥 UK
Hailing from the UK, Andrew Goode has been writing, performing and producing since 2001, both solo and with his bands The
Zero Filters, The Vicious Cabaret, The DoLittles and PEAKS. With soulful vocals and delicate guitar style, he composes original music in a variety
of styles including folk, pop, alt-rock and ska.
... more
Streaming and Download help
If you like Andrew Goode 古哥, you may also like:
Bandcamp Daily your guide to the world of Bandcamp